Regulations for Semester Abroad Programme
If you wish to enroll for a Semester Abroad Programme please read carefully the following regulations. Specially consider the fact that students must have been accepted at any university in the world and must have an excellent level in the language used to teach the subjects they are taking.
Also please make sure to register before the deadlines mentioned.
- This programme is open to all students at universities and higher-education institutions who are interested in spending a period of their academic study at the UAB to broaden their studies without taking part in a mobility programme or an international agreement.
- To take this programme, students must have been accepted at any university in the world and must have an excellent level in the language used to teach the subjects they are taking. Applicants must submit the application form, listing the subjects they wish to take and enclosing certification of their acceptance at a university.
- Students admitted to this programme will have the status of unidirectional exchange students. Their student records shall remain the property of their home universities.
- Students whose home universities require a bilateral agreement to be signed for them to join the programme should submit a request to the UAB International Relations Office.
- Students applying for the programme must pay the cost of the credits being taken in order to complete the enrolment procedure. Any application not accompanied with the payment for the credits shall not be considered valid.
- Students not attending the first day of classes or leaving before the final day shall not have the right to a refund of fees and shall lose all enrolment rights.
- Students may not spend more than one academic year on the programme unless advised to do so in special circumstances. In the latter case, students may take only one additional year, provided they have met the conditions for admission and have satisfactorily passed all the subjects taken in the first year.
- Students who wish to take an ordinary study programme at the university once they have finished their Study Abroad Programme must do so through the ordinary procedures for admission to Spanish universities. Participation in this programme is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage for students applying for official courses. The credits obtained may be validated for official credits.
- Study Abroad Programme students must take a minimum of two subjects and a maximum of 30 credits per semester. At least 50% of credits taken by students must belong to the same faculty. The price per credit is based on the prices for this programme, as approved by the UAB Social Council. These students will not be entitled to the public rates for regular studies at the UAB. Students have the right to attend lectures and to obtain certification for the credits they have passed. Under no circumstances will an official qualification be given for this programme.
- After completing the programme, students will receive certification of attendance and results. Validating credits with the home university is the responsibility of the student.
- The deadline for applications to this programme are:
30 June, for the first semester of the following academic year.
30 November, for the second semester of the current academic year.